This section on technical documentation contains information on how to integrate with the services supported by the OpenID Connect Provider from BankID. See the problems we solve for non-technical information on features, functions, implementation guidelines and recommendations for such services.
BankID service overview
The BankID service in the OIDC Provider is a multi-tennant BankID service at LoA4 having the capability to host several BankID merchant certificates. An OIDC Client may either be configured with its own BankID merchant certificate, or share a common BankID merchant certificate with other clients. The BankID service is implemented as two different Identity providers offering support for both Bank netcentric and BankID on mobile.
OIDC versus BankID server
There are several benefits for merchants integrating BankID over OIDC rather than using a legacy integration via a locally installed BankID-server:
- The integration interface is the same for both BankID netcentric and BankID on mobile.
- The merchant does not need to implement any GUI for BankID on mobile since it is taken care of by the OIDC Provider itself
- The merchant does not need to implement a selector dialog for netcentric vs. mobil since the OIDC Provider offers such a selector dialogue.
- The integration interface is based on an industry-standard API being much more convenient than implementing via the legacy BankID-server.
- The merchant may have access to value-adding services that are not available via the legacy BankID server.
- There is no need to update servers on occation; all updates are done by BankID
There are several benefits for partners as well:
- No administration of merchant certificates: this is handled by BankID
- Access to new products which may only be available through OIDC
- Easy integration with your own OIDC platform (if you use this for other services)
- Value-adding features for administrating your customers (such as Splunk dashboards and insights (WIP), customer overview in our partner portal (WIP), easier access to invoices and transaction volumes (WIP)
- In near future, we plan to offer BankID OIDC without having to order a merchant-specific certificate, making the onboarding process almot instantaneous
Table of contents